Senior moving can often times be a difficult process. The moving experts at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® recommend staying organized and calm throughout the move and following the tips below to make it as smooth as possible. When moving a senior into a living facility, consider contacting management to find out what items can be brought, what are appropriate moving hours and if they have any tips for the move.
- Start packing several weeks in advance. Pack early to avoid being overwhelmed as moving day draws near.
- Wrap small items in colored paper. This prevents items such as knick-knacks from becoming lost or thrown out.
- Label boxes on top and sides. Mark the top and sides of boxes as they’re packed. Make sure to label boxes containing breakable or sentimental items with “fragile.”
- Pack all electronic equipment in original boxes. Otherwise use low-static bubble wrap when packing these items
- Always use packing paper. When wrapping fine china and precious items, the ink from printed newsprint can bleed.
- Sealing all boxes with packing tape. This makes it easier to stack and protect belongings.
- Use boxes designed for the items you are packing. Use dish pack boxes for dishes, wardrobe boxes for clothing.
Moving needs are different for every customer served. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is ready to customize your move to make it a success. That's why specific services are offered to help seniors, such as packing. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® offers a complete line of packing services. Since packing is time consuming and can be very draining, seniors often find it helpful to have TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® trained packers assist them with the process.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® movers are professionals and will arrive clean-cut and in uniform. Each mover is thoroughly trained on how to safely move all types of items and can move a whole house or simply move items from one room to another for seasonal or redecorating.
Call or email TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® to receive an estimate and schedule your custom move.