TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® locations across the country collect donations for women every spring and deliver them to local women’s and family shelters on or before Mother’s Day. Franchises partner with local shelters, schools, and other community organizations to collect goods that will make Mother’s Day special for moms living in shelters. This annual campaign is called Movers for Moms®.
For Movers for Moms® 2015, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® will pick up and deliver the collected items to partnering shelters around Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 10.
Donations are determined by individual shelters, but can include: nice soaps, hair styling products, shampoos and conditioners, pillows, blankets, slippers and other basic clothing items.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® has women in key leadership roles across the country -- some of the most successful franchisees are mothers. Movers for Moms® is a way for TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® to appreciate the efforts of mothers everywhere, despite their current circumstances.
It was a record-breaking year in 2014 with each TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® location participating in Movers for Moms®. More than 220,000 items were collected and donated to shelters across the country. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® partners with schools and local organizations such as Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of America. Several local businesses also support the Movers for Moms® program by donating items or serving as drop off locations.
- Movers for Moms® expanded nationally to 38 states and all franchise locations participated, supporting hundreds of shelters across the U.S.
- Movers for Moms® had a total donation of more than 220,000 gifts in 2014!
- Movers for Moms® partnered with more than 400 elementary schools, daycare centers and community collection sites across the U.S.
- Movers for Moms® expanded into 30 states and had 120 franchise locations support hundreds of shelters across the U.S.
- Movers for Moms® had a total donation of more than 210,000 items in 2013 exceeding the 200,000 item goal and increasing last year's donation total by nearly 90,000 items!
- Movers for Moms® partnered with more than 420 elementary schools, daycare centers and community collection sites across the U.S. That's more than double the amount of school partners than last year!
- Movers for Moms® expanded into 27 states and had more than 102 franchise locations support more than 100 shelters across the U.S.
- Movers for Moms® had a total donation of more than 116,000 items in 2012 exceeding the 100,000 item goal and nearly doubling 2011’s collection!
- Movers for Moms® partnered with more than 200 elementary schools, daycare centers and community collection sites across the U.S.
Follow Movers for Moms® on social media:
Contact the Movers for Moms® team if you're a business or organization looking to become a partner:
Email us at: Movers4moms@twomen.com