TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® locations across the country collect donations for women every spring and deliver them to local women’s and family shelters on Mother’s Day. Franchises partner with local shelters, schools and other community organizations to collect goods that will make Mother’s Day special for moms living in shelters. This annual campaign is called Movers for Moms®.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® will pick up and deliver the collected items to partnering shelters on or before Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 12, 2013. This year is already a record-breaking year with 116 franchises, 420 schools and 117 shelters participating.
Donations are determined by individual shelters, but can include: nice soaps, hair styling products, shampoos and conditioners, pillows, blankets, slippers and other basic clothing items.
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® has women in key leadership roles across the country -- some of the most successful franchisees are mothers. Movers for Moms® is a way for TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® to appreciate the efforts of mothers everywhere, despite their current circumstances.
In 2012, more than 116,000 items were collected and donated to shelters across the country. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® partners with National Heritage Academies (NHA) schools (K-8), KinderCare Learning Centers and many other schools throughout the country to facilitate classroom collections. TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® also partners with charter and private schools, as well as local organizations such as Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts of America. Several local businesses also support the Movers for Moms® program by donating items or serving as drop off locations.
- Movers for Moms® expanded into 27 states and had 102 franchise locations support more than 100 shelters across the U.S.
- Movers for Moms® had a total donation of more than 116,000 items in 2012 exceeding the 100,000 item goal and nearly doubling 2011’s collection!
- Movers for Moms® partnered with more than 200 elementary schools, daycare centers and community collection sites across the U.S.
- Movers for Moms® expanded into 14 states and had 85 franchise locations support more than 50 shelters across the U.S.
- Movers for Moms® had a total donation of more than 65,000 gifts in 2011!
- Movers for Moms® partnered with more than 85 elementary schools, daycare centers and community collection sites across the U.S.
Follow Movers for Moms® on social media:
View Participating Locations
Join KinderCare for an Open House on Tuesday, April 23rd and let their community show you what makes this place one of a kind. Sign up and get $100 off tuition. *Open House provides the chance to tour the center, meet the teachers, talk with other parents and engage in family-fun activities. KinderCare is excited to show you their nationally recognized education program as well as the child-specific focus their teachers bring to the center. See you April 23!
Contact the Movers for Moms® team: